YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The YWCA Madison:
We rely on the police to keep us safe and treat us all fairly, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin or religion. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has a goal to help you understand your rights by providing tips for interacting with police, immigration agents or the FBI.
Anyone can join the TimeBank to offer skills or services - and receive services in exchange - no money needed! The Dane County TimeBank (DCTB), established in 2005, is a network of over 2500 individuals and organizations who exchange services and skills to build community, build capacity, and come together to help each other to build a better world. In timebanking, everyone's contribution is valued equally - one hour equals one hour - and services exchanged help to fill resource gaps in the community.
The Dane County TimeBank has become a valuable tool to build programs that help solve challenges identified by the community - collaborating with community partners Dane County Human Services, Madison School District, and other supporters and participants to connect unmet needs with unused resources. Their PROJECTS provide meaningful ways for members to tap into to the network and offer needed skills and services.
StEPP is a pilot project designed to address the need for quality legal representation for students in the MMSD facing expulsion.
The resources and links offered are to assist ex-offenders to reentry into their community. Additional resources will appear as they become available. Please review carefully, and contact the key staff as listed to ensure a quick reply.
- Criminal Records and Getting Back into the Workforce: This resource discusses the ex-offenders criminal record and what to expect when dealing with employers.
- DOL Ex-Offender Handbook: A federal guide to resources available from the Job Center system.
- Arrest and Conviction Records Under the Law: FAQs, from the Equal Rights Division of the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
- Xamire Wisconsin has resources to help felons find jobs, housing and federal programs.
- Fair Shake is a re-entry resource center that encourages all stakeholders to participate in the reintegration of formerly incarcerated people back into society.
- Ready4Work is a report from the US Dept. of Labor on a pilot program designed to help returning offenders by linking them to community institutions like Holy Cathedral/Word of Hope Ministries of Milwaukee.